Monday, December 17, 2012

Goal-a-Month

As the year draws near its end, I think about all the changes 2012 brought and the things I would like to change in 2013. A few years ago, I made some major changes that were positive but eventually faded out. I gave up drinking soda for more than a year, I was exercising regularly and liked it, and I changed the influencers in my life.

Jen over at Jen West Quest does some cool short-term goals on her blog, and Wade Kwon at Wade on Birmingham is also into blogging his projects (like his current weight gain project). Those are two people I admire personally and professionally. I would like to follow their lead on this and try some short-term goals in 2013.

I know some things I have in mind for myself, but what would you suggest? Some ideas I have are giving up soda, eliminating certain foods, no screen time while the sun is up, and reading specific books. But I would love to hear your ideas. If you were making your own short-term goals, what would they be? What would you suggest for me? Comment, comment, comment please!

1 comment:

  1. I need to really get off the computer and read my Bible more. It's sitting right next to me. I used to take notes and even bought a red letter Bible with references. I finally saw a post about short term goals. One of them was eating right in 3 day increments. We have had a lot going on the past few months, so I have gotten off track. I have been following most of Flylady's stuff, so at least my bed is always made and home is vacuumed and dusted on Monday. I highly recommend Flylady.net. If you check out the control journal it is very easy. 15 minutes at a time and she even tells you what to do where. It all starts with just shining your kitchen sink at night. In the morning, it's like a hug, and you can fill up your coffee pot without having to move stuff. Best info I have to offer at this time. Pampering yourself is the habit for us this month.

    ReplyDelete