Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November 20

Today is Transgender Day of Remembrance. The trans community is close to my heart. Read about it at the HRC's website.

Also, the Transgender Day of Remembrance site has a memorial listing on their page. Read and learn and be moved.

And for those who feel lonely or alone, who grieve for life or relationships lost, there's this:





It's been three months since my dad died. And yet the world continues spinning! Unbelievable! I remember thinking when it happened that a world without my father in it seemed like a crueler place than I wanted to live. Now, as time moves the way it is known to move, I see the mark he left on it, but also that it's just as important and good a place as before. This Thanksgiving, I will be ever grateful for the time I had with my dad and for all the good he did for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment